Blogging Because I Love It

aerial view of a road winding through the mountains

I was looking at my software online where I can design different things and came across a Facebook image that I could change so I gave it a try. Maybe you are interested in blogs or something to read or explore. Thanks for arriving here. Below is a post from last year.

This evening I looked at how many blog posts I had written so far for the year. This is number 60. It looks like I really made progress during 2017. The topics covered very diverse subjects. Some articles had lovely photos. Some were about famous people. I managed to make a new friend in Seattle - I don't think she's sleepless.

My list of readers has grown - thank you. Usually, I am advised to pick a niche and blog like hell. That's what the experts say. Don't you hate it when people bombard you with their emails every day?
So far I have steered away from that.

Well, I have listed a few of my blogs for the year below. If you missed something you can just scroll down and pick a topic and click on the link.

Thanks for checking in regularly.

The One That Got Away - Excerpt and Giveaway
“Geez.” She brings the big sunglasses down to the bridge of her nose. “Could they possibly be any louder?”

“I know! And look at my mom. We’ve been in Rome for what—two seconds?—and she’s already flirting with the bellboys. They’re like fourteen.” We both look at Mom and Camille standing at the concierge’s desk with their matching fanny packs, talking, pantomiming, and flirting with the young Italian concierge in very loud and happy voices.

“C’mon, she’s kinda cute in her own special way.”
“She’s not your mom.”
“Like mine’s any better?”

Calendars 2018 - Make Yours Unique
These calendars have been used as gifts for loved ones or for special clients of a company. What better way to be remembered all year round? Even with the advent of modern Internet connectivity, these calendars are still popular. They remain a constant reminder all year round of who they come from. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/12/calendars-2018-make-yours-unique.html

Milestones 2017
So, the year didn’t start well, and I had all my eggs in the wrong basket. Nevertheless, I celebrated 25 years in business for myself. That was a milestone worth achieving. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/12/milestones-2017.html

Chiropractor Kempton Park
He was so patient and gentle that I hardly noticed what he had done. In no time he was done and asked me if I felt better. Wow! I thought. Where was Dr Starker last year when I was in so much pain? From that moment on I had complete respect for people like him. He absolutely knew what he was doing. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/11/chiropractor-kempton-park.html  Website


Stained Glass By Tiny Dot Studio
No doubt, when you stand inside a building and view a beautiful stained glass window lit by the sun, you stop and admire what you see just as you would a special painting. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/11/stained-glass-by-tiny-dot-studio.html

Charlotte Roth GIVEAWAY
This is my favourite time of year not so much because of Halloween but because of the amazing autumn colours, cosy sweaters, candlelights, and hot cocoa (with a pile of whipped cream. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/10/charlotte-roth-giveaway.html

The People From Brakpan
Her family was very glad to see my wife Maggie since we hadn't visited with them for a long time. They usually only saw us at funerals. Inside the party hall, she was stopped by relatives who wanted to chat. They showered her with compliments saying she was very stylish - we had to dress up in clothes depicting the 1920's fashion.
I chatted with one of her cousins at the table and Maggie was still all over the place chatting here and there with her relatives - she was just the celebrity.

Charlenè Brouwer | Living Her Dream
It has been a massive journey full of ups and downs. I have been working in this industry from 19 years old and being a female in a male-dominated world is something else. #metoo struck me down as I thought these things only happened to me. But through the strength of all these great people, I learned how to stay solid as a rock. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/10/charlene-brouwer-living-her-dream.html

Gliding - The Purest Form Of Flying
A year later we moved back to Johannesburg. One day I noticed some model gliders in the air and drove closer to have a look. It was magnificent seeing gliders being launched high into the air by winches. Needless to say, I soon learned about that invisible hand that stopped my glider from losing height but lifted it higher. It was actually called a thermal. Wow, you live and you learn. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/10/gliding-purest-form-of-flying.html

Matric Farewell Photo Shoot
They arrived in all sorts of fancy cars, motorbikes, and even on a specially painted wheelbarrow. The drivers of the sportscars entertained the crowd by revving their motors much to everyone's delight. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/10/matric-farewell-photo-shoot.html

Ray-Ban Sunglasses And BMW Motorcycle Mystery
When I couldn't stand it anymore I left the shop and started hurrying back to my motorbike. The trip seemed to drag on forever and pedestrians kept getting in my way. When I needed to cross a busy road I was forced to wait because of the traffic. As I rushed back I looked all over the place to see if I had maybe dropped my precious sunglasses along the way, but couldn't find them. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/10/ray-ban-sunglasses-and-bmw-mystery.html

Immigration Agency (Johannesburg)
Fresh Hope Migration - Immigration Agency Kempton Park, Johannesburg - specializes in the following visa services: immigration visas, business visas, work visas, relative visas, study visas, visa extensions, visa appeals and change of conditions. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/09/immigration-agency-johannesburg.html

Getting Social For Your Business
Next, I joined a friend at his table and again shared what I do for clients which resulted in a positive outcome. That was a good start to my day and month. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/09/getting-social-for-your-business.html

Mhangwana Accountants (Kempton Park)
They are thorough in their work and hardworking as well. They recently held a workshop for their clients and went to great trouble to explain their accounting and skills transfer to everyone present. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/08/mhangwana-accountants-kempton-park.html

50 Years of Okinawan Goju Ryu in SA
Five decades have passed since Okinawan Goju Ryu was introduced to South Africa by a remarkable man, sensei James Rousseau.  His journey through this period has created a wake of profound energy, immense interest in what he nurtured and a legacy that has crossed boundries, spilling over into branches that today continue to practice some form of what he brought to this country. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/08/50-years-of-okinawan-goju-ryu-in-sa.html

Security Dogs For Hire (South Africa)
German Shepherds, Rottweilers, and/or Belgian Shepherds ( Malinois) are excellent breeds for Protection Canine Training as security dogs. These dogs are fearless, alert, courageous, obedient, and eager to learn. They are extremely brave and faithful and will not think twice about putting their lives on the line. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/07/security-dogs-for-hire-south-africa.html

There's A New Cherry Picker On The Block
SA Platforms seeks to be your first choice in Cherry Picker (Lifting Machine) sales, rentals and training. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/05/theres-new-cherry-picker-on-block.html


Pool Safety Nets - Prevent Accidents
We hear regularly in the news about loved ones drowning in swimming pools and the trauma that they suffer because of the tragic loss. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/02/pool-nets-stop-unwanted-accidents-from.html

Quiche Delight

The last time I posted an article about her and my granddaughter baking a quiche it was a combined effort. This time she was focused on perfecting every part of the process. Maybe it was her mood or an even better frame of mind, or practice. But the end result was totally delicious. http://awpinternet.blogspot.co.za/2017/01/quiche-delight.html

My Facebook page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Started Watercolour Painting

I Painted a Horse

The Answer to Trouble